My Card

Buttercup Baby

Buttercup Baby
What Do I Sell?

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Why This Week's Update is Late

Yesterday I had an ultrasound in the OB/GYN's office to check on the baby's growth (the doctor had been saying I was measuring large). Well, come to find out, she is HUGE, not just large- she is measuring 38 weeks instead of 35, but all in proportion (her head is 38 weeks, her tummy is, her femur bone is). Her weight is calculated to be 7 lbs 9 ounces ALREADY (they said the margin of error is about a pound, which is still crazy because either way she is on track to be at least 10 pounds at 40 weeks). They will NEVER let me (or her) get that far though, so it is much more likely that we are looking at a July baby instead of an August baby.

But we did see her labia, so it's definite that she's still a girl, and also that she's not bald! She has hair! Which I never knew you could see with an ultrasound, but that was so cool. She is also really low, her head is right THERE and she seems like she is ready to come out sooner rather than later. So I really have been getting kicked in the lungs, just as I thought. Also I found out why people have been saying "I look so small for August 2"-even though she is a giant- apparently I have a long abdomen and I hide it really well. She has lots of room in there- so yay for me being a big girl, for once, lol.

Afterwards, I had an appointment with the OB and my blood pressure was high (they took it 3 separate times) and it HAS been steadily climbing the past couple check-ups. But yesterday I guess it was TOO high because she sent me to the hospital right from the doctor's office. But after all the blood work and everything, I was totally fine, and actually, my blood pressure was absolutely fine as soon as they tested me there. The baby got monitored the entire time I was there, and she was fine too. I did have a little bacteria in my urine but they gave me antibiotics to ward off any infections. SO 3 hours later all we had a prescription for a generic antibiotic and nothing to be worried about.

My doctor wants me to come in once a week from now on (although my next appointment isn't until next Thursday- earliest she can fit me in, go figure...) and I will probably have ultrasounds every 2 weeks for as long as they let me go... but this is me saying I know I will never be allowed to get to 40 weeks.

So it's just wait & see time, although as soon as I got home last night, I DID start having my first braxton hicks contractions... my body just loved me yesterday and decided to kick me while I was down I guess! Even though I have enjoyed being pregnant I am thinking that I'm okay with her coming sooner rather than later... we both seem to be ready and willing. Not to say that I won't miss it, but both of our bodies are telling us time is almost up I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment